Monday, December 7, 2009

WESTERN STATES 100 - LOTTERY RESULTS


This past weekend the lottery for the 2010 Western States 100 mile endurance run was held....and for the first time in 4 years, my name was pulled! This race means a lot to me - it is the reason I got into ultrarunning. Growing up in Northern California, it always had a special allure. Now, I have to decide whether or not to attempt the Grand Slam (WS100, Vermont 100, Leadville 100 and Wasatch 100 within a 3 month period). I think I will give it a go, but need to look at dates, other races and costs.

6 comments:

TonyP said...

Congrats! I was psyched to see your name called.

I look at it this way...it took you 4 years to get into WS...what are the odds that you will get in again in the near future ? I say you HAVE TO attempt the Grand Slam ! Go and get it.

Chris Roman said...

I just learn more everyday how special this race is for folks, I for one cannot wait to embrace it......

And good point Tony, go for it Alan!!

Alan said...

I decided to go for the slam. Entered Vermont and Wasatch - Leadville opens in a few weeks.

TonyP said...

Chris e-mailed me the news last night. Excellent choice Alan. Looking forward to following your progress. If I can be of any help at any of the events, let me know and I'll do my best to be there.

David Ray said...

Congratulations on getting in! Good call on the Grand Slam. I look forward to following your 2010 season.

Alan said...

Thank you everyone - and I may be calling in on some offers for help. :)