Wednesday, July 11, 2007

IRONMAN AUSTRIA


Ironman Austria:

I went to Austria on business and decided to do this race. I was training hard and had a sub-10 hour goal in mind. However, the week before I was traveling through Germany, Netherlands and Austria...and two days before the race I came down with a horrible cold from airlines and hotels.
Despite that I did my best bike split ever in an Ironman race. The course is beautiful with a ride through the Austrian Alps.


The swim is in a lake with a finish in a canal!



The run is mostly flat and is a double loop course. It runs along a beach (topless in true European fashion which converts runners into specators) and also along a narrow canal in the shade. Then, it takes the runners through the new and old parts of the town of Klagenfurt with cobblestones and a large dragon fountain (the town's mascot).

I love this race - just wish I had been feeling well for it :)

No comments: