Thursday, February 7, 2008

GOLDEN GLOVES RAY SANCHEZ IN THE NEWS



If you read my blog posts on the Tahoe Rim Trail and Riol Del Lago 100 milers, you would know Ray Sanchez. Ray and I struggled miles 50 to 60 together at TRT100. He and I passed each each other, chatted and got lost many times between us at Rio Del Lago. Today, the Sacramento Bee newspaper published a great article about him here: RAY SANCHEZ

It is very interesting that Ray, a former Olympic trials boxer and Golden Gloves winner has moved so well into the world of ultramarathoning. The article has some quotes from my friend (and co-finisher at TRT100) Peter Lubber and from me. For some reason (despite the fact I have only been doing ultras for a little more than a year) I am called an ultra veteran.......must be my age :)

No comments: