Wednesday, March 12, 2008

BADWATER - FUNDRAISING FOR CAF



I have decided to join the fund-raising efforts for the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF). I am using my Badwater Ultramarathon as a means to raise funds for CAF to help it help people with physical disabilities pursue an active lifestyle through physical fitness and athletics. CAF’s mission is clear: give those with the desire to live active, competitive lifestyles every opportunity to compete in the sports they love.

This is a great cause that I first started supporting and for whom I raised funds back in 2002 for the San Diego Triathlon Challenge. I have been amazed at the results that the CAF has produced, helping numerous challenged athletes not only compete in and finish marathons, triathlons and other events - but to grow to the point of crossing the finish line at the Hawaii Ironman! It is great that I can combine my athletic endeavors with such a worthwhile cause.

If you would like to contribute to this cause (no amount is too small) please use this link, click "Sponsor Fundraiser" tab and enter my name: BADWATER CAF

2 comments:

The Beist said...

I have not looked at your BLOG for a while, but I did want to say congratulations for getting into Badwater. I hope that your "heat" training goes well!

Alan said...

Thanks Bill!